Clayton D. Davenport was started in 1929 by Clayton D. Davenport Sr. At that time, it was a one-truck operation. Mr. Davenport served in WWII and then came back and started trucking again. This time with two trucks and a hired man delivering material throught the Pioneer Valley Area. Clayton Jr. took over at the time of his father's death in 1968, and the company has grown to include crane service, excavating equipment and petroleum hauling.
Now with 40 plus employees, and five family members, the company is still growing to include state bridge repairs, replacements and numerous projects in the Western Massachusetts area.